CTEK MXTS 70 12/24 Volt 70A Battery Charger
£733.32 ex. VAT
£879.98 inc. VAT
CTEK MXTS70 General Information
The MXTS 70 is a very powerful workshop charger with state of the art technology. It is developed to serve both 12V and 24V batteries, offers very sophisticated technology and is extremely user friendly. The MXTS 70 is featured with different displays showing the status of charging, charge voltage, current, charge time (h) and energy indication (Ah) for battery condition control.
The MXTS 70 is equipped with all necessary features and functions required for professional battery care at a workshop, such as:
- Selectable battery voltage 12 V or 24 V.
- Selectable maximum charge current for battery size adaption.
- Currents selectable from 20 A to 50 A in 10 A step for 12 V and 10 A to 25 A in 5 A step for 24 V systems.
- Unique 8 step charge algorithm for perfect battery care.
- Two step maintenance charge to handle parallel DC consumers during charging.
- Selectable power supply mode for constant voltage output of 13.6 V, max 70 A or 27.2 V, max 35 A.
- Local interface with charger status and a large charge voltage and current display.
- Value display for charge time [h] and energy [Ah] indication for battery condition control.
- Housed in heavy duty aluminium housing for rugged professional use.
- Equipped with a patented battery desulphation program.
- Battery analysis after completed charge cycle to report faulty battery.
- Recond program to even out cell charge levels of deeply discharged batteries.
- Optional battery temperature compensation of charge cycle. Just plug the sensor in the charger and activate the temperature compensation.
- Fully protected against short circuit and reverse polarity of charge cables.
- Detachable cables and heavy duty clamps.
The MXTS 70 is a fully automatic 8-step charger that delivers selectable 70A/12V or 35A/24V to batteries from 40-1500Ah for 12V and 200-750Ah for 24V. The charger is IP 20 classified, housed in heavy duty aluminium for rough environments and designed to protect vehicle electronics. It is non-sparking, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit proof. The MXTS 70 is delivered with a 2-year warranty.
- Input voltage: 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output voltage: Max 15,8V/31,6V
- Charging current: 70A
- Ripple: less than 4%
- Ambient Temperature: -20°C to +50°C
- Cooling: Fan
- Charger Type: 8 step, fully automatic, charging cycle with adjustable parameters
- Batteries: All types of 12V/24V lead-acid batteries (WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and GEL)
- Battery size: 12V:40-1500Ah, 24V: 20-750Ah
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 332x178x80mm
- Insulation: IP 20
- Weight: 3,6kg (without charger cable)
8 step charge algorithm
- STEP 1 - DESULPHATION
Pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
- STEP 2 - SOFT START
Tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK.
- STEP 3 - BULK
Charging with maximum current until reaching approximately 80 % battery capacity.
- STEP 4 - ABSORPTION, READY TO USE
Charging with declining current to maximize up to 100 % battery capacity.
- STEP 5 - ANALYSE
Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
- STEP 6 - RECOND
Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries.
- STEP 7 - FLOAT, FULLY CHARGED
Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
- STEP 8 - PULSE, MAINTENANCE CHARGING
Maintaining the battery at 95-100 % capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.